The Best Ski Poles for 2020: All Abilities Covered
Power without control is meaningless.
And if you want to enjoy that huge slope truly, you will need the best ski poles in your hands that you can find. Good quality poles will not only help you make better turns and avoid any death cookies on the way but will also help you get up to the summit.
Thankfully, there is a wide range of ski poles, regardless of your skiing experience and the tracks you prefer.
From basic models that will be perfect for some calm traversing to professional items that will make you the king of the backcountry, poles are available in all shapes and sizes.
And, unlike before, you are now well in your right to ask for the best quality for a reasonable price.
Best Ski Poles 2020
LEKI Spark Lite S Ski Pole Pair
It is quite obvious why the Lite S is such a popular model. On the quality side, it is not lacking anything and is the pinnacle of modern ski pole design and technology. It has the Trigger S pole gloves that provide maximum comfort when skiing.
- Trigger S poles and Trigger S gloves together provide for outstanding skiing enjoyment and superior comfort
- Steel tip for precise planting and grip in nearly every terrain
- Trigger S Vario Strap is perfectly cut and individually adjustable for maximum comfort in the snow.
- HTS 5.5 aluminum construction
- Tool free basket replacement
The pole is made from high-quality HTS 5.5 aluminum with a solid steel tip, meaning that it is light, precise, and durable at the same time.
And finally, it comes in several colors and two sizes, meaning that most people will be able to find their fit.
Ski Poles Graphite Carbon Composite
Zipline had made a splash when they started making poles that are being used by the US Winter Olympics team. Not only are these poles the very top of what skiing technology has to offer, but they are also quite affordable.
- Raphite Carbon Composite Technology
- Stiff 16.0mm Tapered Ski Pole
- Large, Powder Basket
- Zip Touch Dual Density grip
- Choice of Olympic Gold Medalist, David Wise.
Unlike other models, the Zipline ski poles are made from a graphite carbon composite fiber, making them extra light. Additionally, graphite doesn’t vibrate as much as aluminum and reduces the amount of shock taken by your hands.
One of the best features of this pole is that the shaft is tapered from 16 millimeters at the grip to 14 at the tip (from 2/3 inch to ½ an inch).
Black Diamond Expedition 3 Poles
Additionally, everything from the grip to the tip oozes luxury and would be the envy of all eastern businessmen skiing in Chamonix.
- Shaft: 100% aluminum
- Length: 57 – 125 cm, 62 – 140 cm
- Adjustable Length: yes
- Collapsed Length: [57-125cm], [62-140cm]
- Locking Mechanism: Dual FlickLock
In case you are someone for whom money is not an issue, then you can’t do better than the Black Diamond. This is the top of the line luxury set of ski poles. These are telescopic aluminum poles, meaning that you can adjust the length depending on your needs. The aluminum used is of very high quality, and everything works seamlessly.
Ski Poles Graphite Carbon Composite
It is a fierce battle between this product and the previous Zipline pole set. The main body is quite similar, with the only difference being the tapering. This difference in design makes the Lollipop slightly heavier than the Blurr, but also somewhat sturdier.
- Designed for skiers of all abilities, Zipline is the choice of 2018 Olympic Gold Medalist David Wise, and other Olympic and World Cup athletes.
- Graphite Carbon Composite Technology
- Improved non-slip grip for a better feel
- Streamlined straps: Easily adjustable on the fly and for the perfect fit with no plastic buckles flying around!
- Tough and sharp: With teeth, allows for precise pole plants and secured grip – in any condition!
If you prefer your skiing in the backcountry, then this might be the better choice, but it will finally come down to personal preference.
Salomon Kaloo Junior Alpine Ski Poles, Size 100, Blue
The build itself is exquisite, just scaled down, and this is visible in the price that is significantly lower than other professional models.
- Strong: aluminum provides strength and stiffness
- Junior ergonomy: the right size and shape grip to fit kids hands
- Lightweight: high quality aluminum shaft is strong and light
For those that enjoy a good bombing session in rough terrain, this is a perfect choice. Officially, these are excellent junior ski poles as they are shorter than the norm. But, as we know, the length of the pole has to do with height and not age, meaning that if you are on the shorter side, this is the perfect option. The poles are very light, coming up at around 4.5 ounces (130 grams).